Sionic Energy is an innovative, energy storage technology company with more than 10 years developing breakthrough products for the Li-ion battery markets. Utilizing novel materials and cell designs, the Company has recently developed a revolutionary low cost, high-capacity silicon anode that enables high-capacity silicon batteries to enter mainstream markets. Delivering a very disruptive performance jump in energy density, at lower cost, with increased safety for E-mobility, consumer electronics, and aviation markets, the Company is well positioned to rapidly commercialize this technology with seamless integration into the existing Li-ion manufacturing eco-system.
The Company is supported by top-tier venture capital firms and strategic investors that, alongside its previous product partnerships with leading automotive, mobile device, battery, and battery companies, provides the foundation for rapid growth.
The position of Battery Technician at Sionic Energy is an important role that supports the Research and Development activities of the Company’s Core Technology. The role’s primary focus is to support the Product Development team with hands on lithium-ion battery cell build and test operations from small scale to semi-automated production equipment and processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hands on coordination of lithium-ion test cell fabrication and management of the process flow
- Routinely work in clean / dry room or glove box environment
- Observe, measure and record key product and process characteristics during test cell builds
- Support lab-scale experiments to validate critical processing methods for lithium-ion anode and cathode electrodes
- Operate semi-automated lithium-ion cell manufacturing equipment for prototype / production cylindrical and pouch cell formats
- Support build and maintenance of test equipment to insure proper operation, and use
- Create, optimize, and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for consistent use of manufacturing and test equipment
- Maintain manufacturing quality database and update and communicate results
- Train other Technicians in cell build, test, and manufacturing operations
- Present and communicate data results to broader research and engineering teams with goal of continuous improvement of product and processes
- Be dedicated to safety practices to ensure prevention of workplace injury or accidents
Education and Experience:
- Associates or technical degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or related field, BS degree a plus
- 1-3+ years working experience in a research, product or manufacturing company required
- 1-3+ years in a battery, electrochemical or chemical product development company a plus
- Experience using computer functions to document, record and present data
- Excellent hand/eye coordination for the assembly of detailed electrochemical components
- Ability to work in dry room and glove box environments
- Desire to work in and maintain a clean and organized environment
- Strong work ethic and positive working attitude
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, and communication skills
- Motivated and driven to solve problems, work with a high level of detail and care and continually improve processes required
- Experience in ISO9001 manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 30lbs
How to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sionic Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.